The twelfth edition of the European Conference on Energy Efficiency and Sustainability in Architecture and Urbanism (EESAP 12) and the fifth International Conference on Advanced Construction (CICA 5), will address the theme of the renovation wave. In line with the European Commission’s strategy, the focus will be on fostering the improvement of the quality of life of people living in buildings, the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions and on promoting digitalisation by improving the reuse and recycling of materials. How is the architecture and construction industry-transforming towards the urgent need for renovation of the building stock?
We invite all our regulars and those who want to join us in the twelfth edition of our conference to present their proposals, in the light of a different 2030 and 2050. As in previous editions and given its academic facet, the conference is aimed especially at students, professionals and researchers.
Since the EESAP8/CICA1 edition, the conference has extended the scope of scientific and technical diffusion to the entire innovative construction sector. Furthermore, it is opened to the business sector, due to their close relationship to meet current social demands on business innovation for achieving a higher quality of life.
Once again, the Organizing Committee, a collaboration between CAVIAR Research Group (Spanish abbreviations for Quality of Life in Architecture, UPV/EHU) and ERAIKUNE (Basque Construction Cluster), has opted for innovative and current interest subjects to promote an atmosphere in which professionals, researchers, students and companies will be able to interact and exchange knowledge with the aid of lectures, round-tables, research communications and collaborative innovation workshops (networking). The two conferences will take place during the same days and will share part of the programme and the main lectures. Meanwhile, the research presentations will discuss the specific subjects, while the workshops will promote collaborative projects. The oral presentation sessions will be held in different rooms and the attendees may choose among them.
The conference will be held over two days (29th-30th September 2021),both in the morning and afternoon. Approximately one hundred researchers, specialists, professionals and individuals who are interested in the subjects will attend it.
The conference will consist of:
- Lectures. They will be delivered by national and international experts. They will open the morning and afternoon sessions of each day. They will be common to both EESAP11 and CICA4.
- Round tables. A moderator and the lecturers of each day will participate in them and all attendees will be also invited to joining the sessions.
- Collaborative innovation workshops. In addition to the attendees, companies in the sector will take part in the workshops, creating a suitable atmosphere for networking.
- Oral research presentations. It regards the research work selected by the Scientific Committee. The topic will be presented in 15 minutes, and after it, there will be a discussion or question and answer session. These will run independently for EESAP 11 and CICA 4, and they will be held in different rooms.
- Poster sessions. They consist of printed research works related to the main topics of the conference.
The official languages will be Spanish and English.
Simultaneous translation will be provided only during lectures and round-table discussions (Spanish into English or English into Spanish, depending on the language used by the speaker).
There will be no translation for the oral research presentations and poster sessions. The speaker/s will be allowed to choose either Spanish or English.
All communications and posters selected to participate in the conference will be included in the publication that will be held by the Conference through the Publications Service of the University of the Basque Country/Euskal Herriko Unibertsitatea, with its corresponding ISBN/ISSN. The authors must have authorized the publication of their works previously.