The 10th edition of the European Congress on Energy Efficiency and Sustainability in Architecture and Urbanism (EESAP 10) and the 3rd International Congress on Advanced Construction (CICA 3) approach the issue of Transition. In previous editions, emerging issues of the construction area were discussed. Its evolution will continue the accelerated path of the rest of activities and, is sure to bring surprises, such as it was the determining transformative outbreak of internet and the consequent generalized digitalization. In few years, everything has morphed; but what is going to happen in the next “10”?.
The strategies are defined in the main actors’ planning for some time now and new innovative brands continuously influence our field. We invite all usual participants and other interested ones to the tenth edition of our congress to set out their views, in light of a different 2029. As in previous editions, the congress is especially aimed at professionals, researchers and students for its academic character.
Since the EESAP8/CICA1 edition, the conference has extended the scope of scientific and technical diffusion to the entire innovative construction sector. Furthermore, it is opened to the business sector, due to their close relationship to meet current social demands on business innovation for achieving higher quality of life.
Once again, the Organizing Committee, a collaboration between CAVIAR Research Group (Spanish abbreviations for Quality of Life in Architecture, UPV/EHU) and ERAIKUNE (Basque Construction Cluster), has opted for innovative and current interest subjects to promote an atmosphere in which professionals, researchers, students and companies will be able to interact and exchange knowledge with the aid of lectures, round-tables, research communications and collaborative innovation workshops (networking). The two congresses will take place during the same days and will share part of the programme and the main lectures. Meanwhile, the research presentations will discuss the specific subjects, while the workshops will promote collaborative projects. The oral presentation sessions will be held in different rooms and the attendees may choose among them.
The congress will be held over three days (11-13 September 2019), both in the morning and afternoon. Approximately one hundred researchers, specialists, professionals and individuals who are interested in the subjects will attend it.
The congress will consist of:
- Lectures. They will be delivered by national and international experts. They will open the morning and afternoon sessions of each day. They will be common to both EESAP9 and CICA2.
- Round tables. A moderator and the lecturers of each day will participate in them and all attendees will be also invited to joining the sessions.
- Collaborative innovation workshops. In addition to the attendees, companies in the sector will take part in the workshops, creating a suitable atmosphere for networking.
- Oral research presentations. It regards the research work selected by the Scientific Committee. The topic will be presented in 15 minutes, and after it, there will be a discussion or question and answer session. These will run independently for EESAP9 and CICA2, and they will be held in different rooms.
- Poster sessions. They consist of printed research works related to the main topics of the congress.
The official languages will be Spanish and English.
Simultaneous translation will be provided only during lectures and round-table discussions (Spanish into English or English into Spanish, depending on the language used by the speaker).
There will be no translation for the oral research presentations and poster sessions. The speaker/s will be allowed to choose either Spanish or English.
All the research papers and posters selected to participate in the congress will be included in the publication that will be edited by the congress through the Publication Service of the University of the Basque Country (UPV/EHU) with its corresponding ISBN/ISSN. For that purpose, the authors must have previously authorized the publication of their works.